- Go to flickr.com.
- Use the Search box to look for the type of photos you're interested in.
- Then, click Advanced Search.
- Scroll down and click the box for then click Search.
- Select any photo.
- Click Share and then select Grab the HTML/BBCode.
- Copy all the stuff written in the box.
- From your blog update screen, click the box that says HTML above the area where you are typing.
- Find where you want the picture to appear and then paste the HTML code.
- When you go back to Compose the image will appear.
- Type the following: Image: (photo's name) by (photographer's name) through CC licensing.
(Like I've shown at the bottom of this blog post)
- Make (photo's name) a link to the flickr page of the image.
- Make (photographer's name) a link to their flickr photostream.
- From the photo's page, click Some rights reserved in the lower right.
- Copy the address of the page that comes up, use that for the link where your blog says CC licensing.
- One problem with embedding the photo in the html is that sometimes it won't let you go past it in Compose mode. The way to get around this is to add <br/> in the HTML mode after where the embedded portion is.
The end result will look like this.
Image: Puppies by niallkenedy through CC licensing
Stay tuned for my How to Embed Videos step by step post.